Thursday, March 23, 2017

Chugging Along

What am I working on?
I've been working on my story for experiment #7 which I mentioned in class. Unfortunately I don't have anything worth sharing yet, but eventually I will post that story here. I also got an idea for a story using the Descension plot.


How do I feel about the process?
I'm excited to continue working on my story, but it is slow goings as I have only been able to work in small chunks of time. I would like to sit down over the weekend and try to write until I run out of ideas and am forced to think of what happens next. Right now I feel like I know what will happen up to a point, I just haven't gotten it down on paper yet.


What am I reading now?
I've been rereading sections of Rod Serling's Night Gallery Reader which is a collection of short stories which Serling used for episodes of his show Night Gallery. Some of the stories are much better than others, but the good ones are exceptionally well done. I'm also watching the 1985 version of Death of a Salesman in my other English class.

1 comment:

  1. Rod Serling is an excellent resource for learning about short fiction, especially the kind with a supernatural and/or sci-fi edge.

    ReplyDelete