Friday, April 28, 2017

What am I working on?
I was working on my narrative short story, but after turning it in, I've held off on working on it. In the mean time, I've been working on a short story in media res based off of the second sentence prompt we were given in class on Wednesday. I also have ideas for two poems which I'll be working on for my portfolio at the end of the semester


How do I feel about the process?
I'm glad that I have something more or less readable for my narrative, but there is still so much work to be done on the story, I can't say that I'm really satisfied, even with the part I have done already. Something I noticed while working on the narrative was that I was having trouble writing descriptions of my characters in a natural way that would give the reader the full visual I have in my head. A lot of the time I think that character description can often be cut out of the story, so I have a hard time including everything I want to say about a character without if feeling forced. I'm happy with the way some of the characters have developed and interacted with each other so far though.


What am I reading?
I haven't been reading very much outside of short stories and poems for my other English class. In other media, I've been liking the new single from The Mountain Goats.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment