Thursday, January 26, 2017

Progress as of 1/26

What am I working on?
The map experiment prompted me to work on a short story which I have done very little work on. It is about a man who loses his job and finds mysterious letters addressed with his first name on his doorstep every morning. They usually contain only an address, phrase, or word, but they always end up having an impact of the day's outcome.

I have also been knocking around ideas for experiment 4, but I haven't actually written anything worth sharing yet.


How do I feel about the process?
Experiment 4 is an interesting exercise for me because the short stories I have written recently are almost already in media res. They usually have very little exposition and are around 1000 words. I'm trying to challenge myself by creating a story for the assignment which I can expand to greater length, but I have not settled on anything.


What am I reading now?
I just finished reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin for another English class and I'm working my way through On Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment