Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hello February

What am I working on?
I got sick earlier this week, so I've been in bed for the majority of my time and I haven't really written anything.


How do I feel about the process?
I was working over a story idea a bit before I entered my hibernation and I found that I was having trouble creating an actual story out of the concept. I think this was because the idea was brought on by an unanswered question, so I tried to find an answer for the question and work back from there. Unfortunately the answer was a lot more obvious and simple than I anticipated and the premise for my story kind of went up in smoke.

The question I had in mind was; if a robot could be created which in all perceivable metrics was able to love others (in my story, a nanny robot was taking care of two young children), would it matter or be any less valuable than the love of a human?  After some thinking I decided that intent plays a much larger factor than I had previously considered and I scrapped the story.


What am I reading now?
I am continuing to work through On Writing and I have been reading poetry by Robert Frost and T. S. Eliot. With my additional time in bed I started to reread one of my favorite books, Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment