Thursday, April 20, 2017

Weekly Update (on time)

What am I working on?
Now that I've finished my poem, I'm just working on my narrative story which is due this coming Monday. I'm not sure how long the story will be when I turn it in, but it is not likely to be complete in 2400 words.


How do I feel about the process?
I've been making slow process and one of my main struggles has been pacing the development of the main character. I'm so used to writing short stories which are complete in around 1000 words that I try to push through the story too quickly. 


What am I reading?
I like the style of "The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury, especially how he stacks lines of dialogue without "he said" or other verbs, so I've been rereading that short story. I'm also still reading H. P. Lovecraft short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment